Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy Place

This is our fishing spot. This is the spot on Sulphur Creek where papau took me all the time when I was a little girl. He taught me how to cast and how to reel in a fish. He taught me to be patient and wait when I wanted to just reel in and cast over and over because it was more fun. He helped me win the Big Fish trophy at Kid Fish that now sits on my mantle.

When we finished fishing, we'd pile back into his old green Chevy truck and go to JJ's (sadly, it closed to become a Subway, then that moved as well), where we'd get apple fritters (the best I've ever had) and chocolate milk.

Still having trouble dealing with the idea that I won't be going there with him again. Almost every dream I have features him somehow or something that we shared. I know it's going to be that way for awhile. As sad as this post sounds, I really do mean what the title says. The places where I've shared those memories will always be happy ones for me, always bring a smile to my face even if there are some tears as well.

1 comment:

Chad Moore said...

Beautiful post, Beth :: hugs ::