Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Dentist


Plush tooths, originally uploaded by abductos.
Today I got my teeth cleaned. Yep, it's a good thing. But I have to say, I really hate doing it. Everybody hates it, I know.

The weird part is that I like the scraping. For some reason that always makes me feel accomplished. It really feels like it's DOING something. Sadly then they turn to the nasty, gritty toothpaste. I know logically that it's baking soda, but I can't help but feel like I'm having my teeth sandblasted. If the stuff I use every day prevents cavities without tasting like I'm eating part of the beach, why can't this stuff?

Then there's the every other visit application of fluoride. I understand that this is good for me. Probably very good for me. Thing is? That doesn't make me gag any less when they shove the tray in my mouth and that gross flavor starts dripping down my throat. Seriously, I get queasy just thinking about it.

Crap, there should be a point to this. Um... let's see... Oh! Even if it's nasty and unpleasant, go to the dentist now. It's good for you.

No comments: