Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Are you inked?


Mom Heart Tattoo, originally uploaded by IKE 09.
No, that tat isn't mine. It was just on Flickr and looked cool. Like I need a reason. Anyway, lately I've been considering getting a tattoo. Actually, I've been considering it for years, I've just never actually done it or settled on what I want to have done. That's always my problem.

But I thought maybe some of you could help inspire me. Are you inked? If so, where do you have them? Would you get them there again if you had a chance to do it over, or would you get them someplace else? If you have a tat, what was the pain level like where you got it? Uh, not that I'm a wuss, just... um... yeah, okay, I'm a wuss.

5 comments:

Amy (sublimatedangel) said...

I plan to get one but haven't yet - an art deco style angel on my thigh. I'm artistic, so I want to draw it myself, and just haven't yet. As to advice... bony areas are more painful, so small of the back and ankles, while popular, are not good choices if you want to minimize pain.

Beth Howard said...

Oooo, awesome ideas, ladies! And I'm definitely going to get it in a fleshy spot. I go back and forth between thigh and arm. Arm is more prominent, but it also sort of feels more appropriate, and I can't imagine an occasion where I could go sleeveless where a tat wouldn't be fine.

jcissik said...

I have 10, so yes I'd do it again. Areas with little padding hurt the worst. I've had small ones done that take 30 minutes and big ones that take close to three hours. If you have questions, ask! I'm turning 40 in February and will be getting another one then.

Beth Howard said...

That's awesome! And I may take you up on that Q&A. I think at this point the main thing for me is getting a design drawn up and deciding between my thigh and my upper arm :)

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I'm getting my first on my upcoming 30th. I have a Celtic knot paw print that I want 6 of "walking" around and up my hip.

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh194/queensnickers/?action=view&current=0dc72db3.jpg