Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hello, My Name is Inigo Montoya...


My mom and sister came up to visit this weekend, and my sister and I went to see the Princess Bride at a midnight showing on Saturday. I love that movie a little bit more every single time I see it... and I loved it a lot to start with.

There was also much grilling of cool stuff on Saturday for our own little belated Fourth of July (since I was sick for the real thing). I forgot to take any pictures or I'd share the bounty. We made black & tan macaroni and cheese, corn, tomatoes w/provolone and the weirdest watermelon salad ever. It was awesome! We also did a lot of sitting around listening to the XM radio stations we get via DirecTV and rocking out. It was good times. They're hopefully coming back up for an IKEA outing in another couple weeks, so that should be fun!

4 comments:

Audrey said...

There is no such thing as a late celebration! There's always time to celebrate anything, as long as it includes good friends, family, food, fun and drinks (couldn't think of a name from drinks that started is f - sorry)

Beth Howard said...

I'm completely with you! It's about the fun, not the date :)

Teddy Started It said...

OK, I have to know...what's black and tan mac n cheese?!?

Beth Howard said...

It's macaroni & cheese made with stout and lager as well as greyere and Irish cheddar cheese. Great stuff! We got the recipe from Food Network awhile back. lol