Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Yahoogroups

Just a quick rant. Yahoogroups not having fixed their message search STILL when they promised to fix it in by mid May is really wearing on my nerves. It's keeping me from being a good mod, it's causing stress, and it's making me want to throttle tech people who didn't plan better for their user base. :: sigh :: Guess now it's a matter of deciding whether I am dissatisfied enough to consider moving any groups to another service. Mostly I just needed to rant since I'm starting to think they just aren't fixing it. Instead they are taking their services down every couple days for "database maintenance." :\

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Honestly Beth I think that Yahoo is too focused on competing with Gmail, Twitter and Facebook. They are taking on way to much and not fixing the issues before moving on to another craptastic idea of goodness. NOT.

Just my two cents though.

Beth Howard said...

I think, sadly, that's about it. They're more interested in throwing "new" things in than in making sure the established things are working.

Nancy said...

Which really is too bad because a couple of years ago Yahoo was fantastic. Sadly however they are making so many "changes" and "improvements" that they aren't taking into consideration what the people who use their services want. Especially those of us who pay for the things like Mail Plus and so on.