Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I'm Gonna Write Stuff Up in Here

Will Write For Chocolate

Okay, so I'll grant that the year is half over. That seems like an absolutely ideal time to finally put into writing my writing goals. I promise my actual writing is better than that. Damn it.

In all seriousness, I've put a lot of thought lately into where I want to be and where I want to go with my writing. It's not necessarily something I want to do full time at this point in my life. I'm a graphic designer by education and trade, and I don't want to give it up. I even run a small business online selling my art, photography and other goodies. That said, I've been writing since I was five years old. I'll never give that up either.

Last year my goal was to publish a story or book on Kindle just to get used to the process. I did it. This year I want to finish at LEAST one and maybe two of the short stories I have in progress and start submitting them to magazines. It's time to put myself out there in that way again as scary as it is after taking so many years off from doing it. I know that any rejection will be worth it for the chance at a yes.

What are your goals for the rest of the year?

No comments: