Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I'm Published!



Okay, self published to the Kindle market, but I do indeed have a short story live and available for purchase or lending via the Kindle lending library thing. This is my reward for finishing NaNoWriMo this year. I promised myself that if I finished, I would take more steps to get my original writing out there. This is the first of those steps.

Do I think this is my bestest story ever? No, it may not be. I chose this as the first for a few reasons: I think the subject matter is of interest to quite a few people (an alternate universe take on Billy the Kid's legend), and because the holidays make me think of my papau. Originally I finished this story not long before the holidays years and years ago. I then typed up a copy (I used to write everything longhand) and packaged it up for papau for a Christmas present along with printed pictures of Billy and Pat Garrett. He was thrilled and once when I came over years later, he told me he would sometimes pull it out and just read through it all over again. It made him so proud to have something that I had written, and it made me proud to be able to share that with him.

Now I'm very, very proud to share the story with you. If you have the time and energy and spare change (it's only $.99), please click the link above, read the story and leave a review. Thank you all for sticking it out with me and being so supportive. Special shout outs on that to my husband and sister for putting up with me all through November, my mom for being my very first reader and my cousin Cori for being an absolutely amazing inspiration in getting my butt in gear!

No comments: