Thursday, March 7, 2013

Packing for Camp NaNoWriMo


I've committed. I'm doing Camp NaNoWriMo in April. What's that? It's much like NaNoWriMo, which is an event in October that encourages folks to write 50,000 - basically, to put together a novel in a month. I actually succeeded this past November and am still working out the bugs to hopefully start shopping that one around by next year. Meanwhile, you can find my camp profile here. Let me know if you're participating - I'll request that we share a cabin. The real upside of the Camp setting? You can choose your word count and even your format. This would be the place to put together your script or your collection of short stories or poems or... sky's the limit!

I went pure fantasy for my last NaNo novel, so this time around, I'm going fantasy romance with a liberal touch of the supernatural. That stems, of course, from watching a LOT of Supernatural lately. I'm proud to say I have at least the first half of the novel outlined already, though some of it is still very loose. I hurt myself in November by half-assing my outline, so I'm trying to do better this time. Even if I deviate from my outlines, they help me stay on track. What about you? How do you keep yourself from losing steam?

No comments: