Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Crowd-Pleasing Monkey Bread

This went over so well at Christmas breakfast that I figured I'd share the recipe, which is just a very very very slightly altered version from one on Pillsbury.com:


1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cans Flaky Layers Biscuits
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted

Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup bundt cake pan with shortening or cooking spray. In large -storage plastic food bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.

Separate dough into biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan.

In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.

Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Crowd pleasing indeed! I can't imagine anyone turning this down. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your monkey bread up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/12/sweets-for-saturday-50.html. It'll be open till Monday night.