Friday, June 11, 2010

Hottie of the Week: Kevin Smith

No, not the director... though he'll be showing up here later. Yes, I do think he's a hottie. But this Kevin Smith was a gorgeous actor from New Zealand. Sadly, was being the operative word there. Kevin sadly died of injuries suffered on set in February 2002.

Kevin was best known for his work as Ares on Xena: Warrior Princes, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, and Young Hercules. That's not a bad thing, either. He always brought a brilliant mix of humor, menace and outright hotness. Personally I think there's something a little wrong with any straight women or gay men who didn't have a crush on Ares. I'm just sayin'. LOOK at the man!

Perhaps even more noteworthy is the fact that he seemed like a genuinely good guy. He was a family man, he was sweet to his fans, and he seemed genuinely grateful for his success. You'll be missed, Kevin, but not forgotten!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time I saw him on TV (on Xena) and I was hypnotized... man, that guy was HOT! I became a Xena fan after that. Thanks for posting about him, I still think his death was a great loss to the acting community and to his fans as well.

Beth Howard said...

So true! I think he still had so much to do and so much to offer.

Anonymous said...

OK I loved the show Xena btw, does anybody else think that Xena and ares should have been a couple instead of Xena and Gabrielle? I wish Kevin didn't die its really sad and i think he was totally HOT!

Beth Howard said...

I've always been a fluid 'shipper, so I dig Ares/Xena and even Ares/Gabrielle on occasion. hehe