Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Mommy

My mom is awesome. Yeah, everybody says that. Everybody's probably right in their own way and for their own reasons. For me? It's because my mom has done so much for me for so long. She raised me as more or less a single parent, then did the same with my sister. When I was little, she went back to college, double majored, and kicked some serious academic ass. I like to think that I'm smart enough to be a worthy successor on that front. She became a teacher who is every bit as stellar as she was a student.

So here's to a mom who has worked hard, taught me a lot, and generally been awesomely fun to hang out with. I know a lot of people don't have parents they can talk to the way I can talk to my mom. They aren't able to trade cds to learn new music and get movie recommendations they can trust and drool over the same actors. I'm a very lucky daughter with a very rockin' mom. Happy Mother's Day, mommy!

No comments: