Wednesday, September 17, 2014

When It Grows on Its Own

Found him on Pinterest.
I realized in retrospect how dirty the title sounded, and I almost stopped to change it. Almost. Then I remembered who my friends and readers are. 


Last year for National Novel Writing Month, I wrote up a vampire novel. I'm currently in the process of polishing the end, resolving a few threads, and editing (OW! the EDITING!) the darn thing. At the time, it was a nebulous probably kinda maybe sort of thought that I'd eventually turn it into a series. Well, this year's NaNoWriMo will see me making that a reality. 

Yep, I'm officially going to be one of those random chicks writing vampire romance. If helps, it's hot dudes making out, not whiny high school girls. Does that help? If you didn't run screaming when you read that, I have high hopes that you'll enjoy Tales from the Last Drop once I actually get my stuff together and get one or two (or three) of these puppies done and ready to a point where I'm comfortable sharing them with the world.

All this is to say that thanks to a chat with Tera Shanley and my friend Chad who's the reason I'm writing this series in the first place (the Last Drop itself happens to be his creation - yes, using it with credit and permission, folks, no worries here), I've got my direction for NaNo. I've also got some real, concrete direction on my fiction writing for original stuff. I feel like I'm finding solid ground on that for the first time since high school, and it's a fantastic sensation.

No comments: