Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tunes Tuesday & Inspiration Strikes



In addition to me sharing this awesome song with you since most of you didn't listen to a lot of Splender before they broke up (so sad!), I've had a revelation.

You see, for Camp NaNoWriMo earlier this year, I started a novel. I was sure it would be wonderful, then realized halfway through that it shouldn't be a period fantasy, it should be urban fantasy. So I changed that. Then, last night, I realized that what I wrote also shouldn't be the real story. What I wrote was a prequel. It was backstory. It was the set up for the book I'm actually going to write during NaNoWriMo this November. While this all may sound like a lot of craziness and indecision, in truth it was a lot of thinking and plotting and finally having the pieces slot together the way they were meant to. So look out, world - I've finally got a plan.

No comments: