Friday, January 25, 2013

The Crying (Football) Game


Somehow this whole mini-scandal missed me when it first broke, so my introduction was discussion on The Daily Show. This morning, it was cleared up while listening to the radio that Manti Te'o is apparently a football player. He met a chick online who was mormon, of the same ethnicity, big into talking about God and not having phone sex...

Apparently said chick was not a chick. It was some dude named Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. Ha. Funny gag. But for some reason because he's a football player, this warrants an interview with Katie Couric. Let me say this again: BECAUSE A FOOTBALL PLAYER WAS DUMB, HE GOT A HUGE INTERVIEW WITH KATIE COURIC.

I'm confused. Sports people, is this a sports thing? Is he just awesome or something? Or is it a mormon thing? Are people freaking because a mormon guy dated a fake guy? Help me out here!

No comments: