Monday, January 7, 2013

Pin-creation: Cheddar Bay Biscuits



I've been making an effort of late to not only pin things on Pinterest but MAKE them afterwards, so I've decided to share my humble efforts with you. These are faux Red Lobster-style biscuits. The recipe comes from this site and is as follows:


  • 1 1/2 Cups Bisquick or other biscuit mix
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used half mild and half sharp since it was what I had; I think all sharp would probably taste better)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 3/4 tsp garlic salt (I confess here and now that I had none so I mixed garlic & salt)



  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray cooking sheet with non-stick spray.
  2. Combine biscuit mix, cheese and milk in a bowl and mix well (with a spoon works just fine). The dough will be sticky.
  3. Use a tablespoon to drop lumps of dough onto the cookie sheet about an inch and a half apart. Bake for ten minutes.
  4. Melt butter and garlic salt (a quick spin in the microwave does the trick).
  5. When the time goes off, remove the biscuits, brush them with the butter mixture, and bake for five more minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 
  6. Serve immediately.


They were delicious. The recipe makes a dozen. My 17-month-old son had one and a half, and my husband and I ate the rest, so obviously I can't recommend these when you're dieting, but they're awesome. Definitely on par with the real Red Lobster biscuits.

The changes I want to make next time: Get real garlic salt. These were a touch too salty using garlic AND salt, and I think that could be fixed. My ratio was just off. I also need to get coarse shredded cheese instead of fine since I think that will give a texture closer to the "real thing."

No comments: