Friday, November 12, 2010

Hottie of the Week: Mike Nelson

I'm in a geeky state of mind, and here we have one of my all time favorite geek crushes - Mike Nelson. Funny, sexy, brutal in his derision of terrible movies... what more can a girl ask for?

Well, she could ask that he not be married, but that's a small quibble. If you don't know Mike, he took over for Joel on Mystery Science Theater 3000. I'll refrain from pointing out that he did so because he's more awesome since that probably wasn't the reason. I started off my MST3K loving with Mike at the helm, so he's my favorite. Suck it, haters.

When the show was canceled, did the boys stop making fun of movies? Of COURSE not! They elevated their art form to even more mainstream fare with RiffTrax. For just a couple bucks (or less), you can have a much more amusing soundtrack to anything from funky old sci fi and horror to modern choices like Twilight. It makes literally EVERYTHING more awesome. Why? Because the guys are amazing and Mike is adorable even when you can't see him. He's THAT awesome.

2 comments:

Les said...

I adore Mike!! Now I've watched MST from the start and like both but Mike was more eye candy!

Beth Howard said...

Same here! I don't hate Joel or anything, I just strongly prefer Mike :D