Friday, September 11, 2009

Bragging

We went to Dallas Comic*Con... um... okay, it was a few weeks ago. I'm slow. But I'm now sharing with you the awesomeness. The con itself was small, though pretty heavily attended. But what got me hot and bothered were the guests.



First up we went over to Barry Bostwick's table. I'm sure everyone knows (or you'd best find out quick, buddies!), but he was Brad in the Rocky Horror Picture Show as well as doing a bazillion other things throughout the years (including one of the Lexx movies - rock). There was only one other guy there. How's that happen?! Dude in front of us did put us to shame, though, as he had his Rocky script in hand and ready for signing. We bought a lovely, debauched picture of Barry as Brad, however, and told him that we'd met at Rocky. He seemed to think that was cute, and we told him about the local cast, Los Bastardos (the one Wes was on when we met), though he declined the idea of going to the show after a moment's thought. Probably safer for him that way. lol


Then I shyly insisted that we shoulder our way through to Rene Auberjonois (for the ignorant, Odo on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and the original Father Mulcahy from M*A*S*H as well as the master vampire in My Best Friend is a Vampire... which is a rockin' 80s flick). I still have no idea how we were the only ones at his table! Anyway, he was quiet and I was shy, and Wes was totally shocked that he'd been in M*A*S*H, but I told him that I loved his work, he was very gracious (and quite handsome in person, I might add), and all in all... awesome.

Plus I got a stack of Hellraiser comics (I had no idea these existed... score!), re-bought the Nightcrawler limited series I used to have, and some other excellently dorky finds.